AutoInsuranceMM.Info – Health insurance for self employed – How to Score Even Bigger Savings When You Shop Amazon Prime Day Sales
Amazon has confirmed the rumors and announced its fourth annual Prime Day celebration will happen on July 16 and July 17. The site promises more than 1 million deals over a 36-hour period — its longest yet — for Prime customers in 17 countries.
This year, along with discounts on its popular home electronics like Echo, expect Amazon to promote its house brands. AmazonBasics luggage is already on the sale’s lineup, as is furniture from Amazon’s Rivet line.
Much of Amazon’s food, vitamin, baby and beauty lines are already 30% off for Prime members in advance of the event.
Amazon will launch products that are new to Prime for a limited time, with some big names like Coleman, Britax and Tarte cosmetics coming to the site with exclusive offers.
Deals will start at noon on the West Coast and 3 p.m. on the East Coast on Monday, July 16, and extend through the end of the day (Pacific Standard Time) on July 17.
What to Expect From 2018 Amazon Prime Day Deals
This year, Amazon will offer the following to Prime members:
- Use your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card at Whole Foods and Whole Foods Market 365 stores on Prime Day to get 10% back on your purchases up to $400. This offer is valid from July 14 to July 17. That’s double what you can normally get back on Whole Foods purchases with the Amazon Prime credit card.
- Whole Foods shoppers will also find in-store deals on Prime Day.
- Install Amazon Assistant to get $5 off a Prime Day order of $25 or more. After installing the browser extension, shop by clicking through the browser icon. You can do this now to get your credit, but you must redeem it on physical products before July 23. Your discount will show at checkout.
- Search for items with camera features in the Amazon app to get deals on select items. This one is tricky: You have to try the AR view, camera search, bar code scanner or package X-ray features within the app during Prime Day to unlock deals — and those deals will change every six hours.
- First-time customers can get up to $20 off Prime Now delivery. Use code 20PRIMEDAY to get $10 off your first two orders of Amazon or Whole Foods products. The offer expires at the end of the day on July 17, and your discount expires on July 31. You must spend at least $10.01 to redeem your discount, and delivery fees (based on order size) still apply.
- New Amazon Music Unlimited users can get four months of on-demand music for 99 cents.
- New Kindle Unlimited subscribers can access three months of the service for 99 cents. Buy a Kindle book before Prime Day to get a $10 credit to use during the event on ebooks, print books or Audible titles.
How to Keep Calm While You Get Your Prime Day on
Not an Amazon Prime member? Sign up for a free 30-day trial membership now to get access to all the Amazon Prime Day deals. Just remember to mark your calendar to cancel your membership after the big event if you don’t want to pay $119 per year for the two-day shipping service.
It’s important to go into Prime Day without grand plans for spending (and saving). While Amazon is going to discount a ton of prices, it doesn’t mean you need those items right now. You should still do your research and comparison shopping before the big day.
Amazon is offering one perk to help you plan ahead: Starting a week prior to Prime Day, you can add items to your list in the Amazon app to get a sneak peek at their sale prices. Do this to plan purchases ahead of time and resist additional impulse buys on Prime Day.
Lisa Rowan is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder covering the retail and grocery industries.
Great! Sign up for our newsletter to learn more ways to make extra money: