AutoInsuranceMM.Info – Health insurance for college students – Buying Health Insurance for Dummies
Navigating health insurance can be so tricky.
That’s why we’ve made a step by step guide on buying health insurance for dummies. It will provide you with the basic important information you need in order to get the best possible insurance for you and your family.
Steps in buying health insurance for dummies:
1. Know your where to get insurance.
If you get your insurance through your employer like most people do, then you won’t need to use the government insurance exchanges, or marketplaces. However, some people still wish to search for an alternative plan in the exchanges most especially if your job doesn’t provide a health insurance benefit you need. In this case, you can buy health plans with lowest monthly premiums from the federal marketplace or from health insurance agencies selected by the Department of Consumer and Business Services and Oregon Health Insurance Marketplace such as Health Plans In Oregon.
2. Understand the health insurance terminologies by heart.
• Premium – the amount you pay for your health insurance every month
• Co-pay – a fixed amount for a covered service, paid by a patient to the insurance company before patient receives service from physician
• Deductible – an out-of-pocket expense ceiling that you must meet before some facets of your plan begin to pay
• Coinsurance – the percentage of costs of a covered health care service you pay (i.e. 20%) after you’ve paid your deductible
3. Compare out-of-pocket costs.
Services paid thru out of pocket should be clearly laid out on a health plan’s summary of benefits. This is where it’s useful to have a trusted personal agent who can help you with comparing which choice is best for you. It could be a plan with higher out of pocket costs and lower monthly premiums or vice versa.
4. Compare health plan networks.
It is best if your chosen physician is part of the in-network providers of your health insurance plan because insurance companies contract lower rates with in-network providers. Furthermore, it is advisable to choose a plan that has a local in-network doctors and a wider network so you’ll have more choices.
5. Look for health plans with wider scope of services.
Identify the services you most need. There are plans which offer better coverage for physical therapy, mental health care and emergency coverage. Choose the plan that suits your needs so you won’t have to pay for services you won’t use.
Get your health plan from trusted agents since 2006.
Keep in mind the steps for buying health insurance for dummies provided above. At Health Plans In Oregon, we carefully analyze your life situation so we could come up with the best plan for you. Furthermore, we always do our best to give the customer service you deserve before, during and after you’re covered. Get the assistance you need at no cost, you can reach us through 503-998-6169 for inquiries and comprehensive quotes. You can also send us an email through [email protected].
Health Insurance Quotes – Free Consultation
Cheap Vision Insurance For Everyone